Do infrared saunas work in cold weather?
Using an infrared sauna is a great way to naturally warm yourself in the winter, and the indoor temperature is adjustable, with an average temperature of 100°F to 130°F.
Can I use a sauna in winter?
You can take a sauna in winter, and taking a sauna in the cold winter has become a favorite way of health care for many people. Because the winter is very cold, the sauna can not only warm up at this time, but also has a variety of relaxation and detoxification. effect.
Benefits of taking a sauna in winter
In winter, you can not only take a sauna, but also a good season to take a sauna. Sauna refers to the process of using steam to perform physical therapy on the human body in a closed room. Usually, the temperature in the sauna can reach more than 60 ℃. It uses the hot and cold stimulation of repeated dry steaming and flushing of the whole body to repeatedly expand and contract blood vessels, thereby enhancing the elasticity of blood vessels and preventing vascular sclerosis. It is better to take a sauna in winter, mainly because it can evaporate sweat through the sweat glands and eliminate toxins in the body, which can better maintain the health of the body. However, you must pay attention to drinking water properly before taking the sauna to avoid dehydration. Ten to thirty minutes is ideal.
Benefits of taking a sauna in winter
Taking a sauna in winter can help open pores and flush out toxins from the body, resulting in better skin. For the skin, in the process of steam bathing, the blood vessels of the skin will expand, and the body will sweat a lot to expel the subcutaneous dirt, which can improve the permeability of epidermal cells, activate cells, and make the skin tissue obtain more nutrients. In addition, sauna has certain benefits for weight loss, it can burn excess calories, eliminate excess fat, make the body slim, slender and stylish.
Taking a sauna in winter is a very relaxing thing. When the human body is tired, taking a bath can relieve fatigue and feel good. Because when we take a bath, our skin pores will be fully stretched out. The skin is like breathing as much as you want, thus achieving the effect of soothing the mind and body. And people who have poor sleep for a long time have anxiety, and those who are depressed take a bath. It can relax muscles and bones and eliminate fatigue. Promote our blood circulation, make us anxious and depressed. It also provides quick relaxation for relief.
People with hot and humid constitution can let the moisture and heat in the body dissipate through sweat through the sauna, so that the Qi and blood can be relaxed, and it can also relieve muscle soreness. Therefore, those with heavy limbs, yellow and greasy tongue coating, oily face, and acne-prone damp-heat constitution can often go to the sauna to expel the moisture from the body.
This should impress many people. Taking a sauna in winter can help remove excess body fat. People are naked in a constant high-temperature mist. Through a lot of sweating, the skin capillaries are fully expanded and blood circulation is accelerated. , the tissue cells in the body get more oxygen and nutrients, and the excess fat waste and lactic acid accumulated in the body are also quickly excreted.
Tips for taking a sauna in winter
1. Do not take a sauna on an empty stomach to avoid collapse. It is not advisable to take a sauna just after using the brain excessively or exercising intensely, as it will cause cerebral anemia or shock.
2. It is not suitable to take a sauna within half an hour after a full meal. This is because the high temperature makes the skin blood vessels dilate and the blood flows back in large quantities, thus affecting the blood supply of the digestive organs and hindering the digestion and absorption of food.
3. Do not touch the cold air immediately after steaming in the sauna, to prevent stroke caused by severe vasoconstriction caused by large temperature difference.
4. Be sure to add more water when taking a sauna to avoid heat exhaustion and other phenomena. It is best to drink two glasses of plain water before taking a sauna, which can enhance blood circulation and replenish water faster. In the process of steaming, you should also replenish water in time. It is best to carry a bottle of water with you, and don't wait until you are thirsty to drink.
5. It is not advisable for people with a cold to take a sauna. Because the bacteria such as Cryptococcus hidden in the sauna room will enter the human body through the respiratory tract, and it is easy to cause pneumonia.
6. Don't wear jewelry when you are in the sauna, such as jade pendants, necklaces, watches, etc. are very easy to absorb heat, and you will burn your skin if you are not careful.
7. Don't take a sauna when you are overworked or hungry. When people are tired or hungry, their muscle tension is poor, their tolerance to cold and hot stimuli is reduced, and it is easy to cause collapse when taking a sauna.
8. Pregnant women and girls are not suitable for hot springs during menstruation, otherwise upward infection will occur.